- What is a Nidhi Company?
- The procedure of Nidhi Company Registration
- 1. Application of DSC & DPIN
- 2. Name approval
- 3. MOA & AOA Submission
- 4. Get incorporation certificate
- 5. Apply for PAN, TAN, and Bank account
- Online Filing
- Choose Nidhi Company because:
- Documents Required For Nidhi Company Registration
- Documents required in the Procedure of Nidhi Company Registration are:
- Minimum Requirements for Incorporation
- Before Incorporation Nidhi Company:
- After Incorporation of Nidhi Company:
- Advantages of Nidhi Company Registration:
- Factors to Consider Naming a Nidhi Company
- Short & Simple
- Should not be illegal/offensive
- Should not violate any laws
Nidhi company registration requires a minimum of 3 members. All the incorporated Nidhi companies must have ‘Nidhi Limited’ as the suffix in its name. The procedure of Nidhi Company Registration is very economical. However, Nidhi company registration can be done in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, and other major Indian cities. Before discussing in detail the procedure to register Nidhi Company first let us understand what a Nidhi Company is.
What is a Nidhi Company?
‘Nidhi’ is a Hindi origin word meaning finance or fund. Nidhi means a company which has been incorporated with the object of developing the habit of thrift and reserve funds amongst its members and also receiving deposits and lending mutual benefits to its members. The Nidhi Company Registration is very easy.
It might not issue a preference share. If preference shares have already been issued by a Nidhi Company before initiation of this act, such preference shares are to be redeemed by the terms of the issue of such shares.
Below is the detailed procedure for registration of Nidhi Company in Indian cities:
The procedure of Nidhi Company Registration
1. Application of DSC & DPIN
First of all, the partners have to apply for DSC and DPIN for Nidhi company. The digital signature is an online signature used for filing and DPIN refers to the Directors PIN issued by MCA. If the directors already have DSC and DPIN, then this step can be skipped.
2. Name approval
You have to provide 3 different name options for Nidhi company to MCA of which one will be selected. Hence, the Names provided should ideally be unique and suggestive & descriptive of a company’s business.
3. MOA & AOA Submission
Once the name is approved, one needs to draft a Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association (MoA & AoA). But the object of the Nidhi company must always be charitable. Both MOA and AOA are filed with the MCA with the subscription statement.
4. Get incorporation certificate
It typically takes 15-25 days to form a Nidhi company and get the incorporation certificate. Incorporation certification is proof that the company has been created. It also includes your CIN number.
5. Apply for PAN, TAN, and Bank account
Then you need to apply for PAN and TAN. PAN and TAN are received in 7 working days. Thus, Post this, you can submit the Incorporation certificate, MOA, AOA, and PAN with the bank to open your bank account.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has issued an integrated incorporation form INC-32. So now, an OPC can be incorporated online by filling the Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically (SPICe) form in Form INC-32 (using Digital Signature Certificate of the Director) along with (e-MoA) in Form INC-33 and (AOA) in Form INC-34.
Choose Nidhi Company because:
- No External Involvement in Management
- Helpful for Lower and Middle Classes
- Low Rates of Interest
- Secured Investments
- Minimum Documentation and Formalities
Documents Required For Nidhi Company Registration
Documents required in the Procedure of Nidhi Company Registration are:
- Copy of Director’s PAN Card
- Passport size photograph of Directors
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of directors
- Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
Landlord NOC (Format will be provided)
Minimum Requirements for Incorporation
Before Incorporation Nidhi Company:
- The Minimum 7 shareholders
- A Minimum 3 Directors
- Minimum Capital of Rs. 10 Lacs
- DIN for all directors
After Incorporation of Nidhi Company:
- Minimum number of 200 Shareholders
- Net owned Fund shall not be less than Rs. 10 Lacs
- Unencumbered deposits of not less than 10% of the outstanding deposits
- Net owned funds to deposits ratio should be more than 1:20
Advantages of Nidhi Company Registration:
Mentioned below are the advantages of Nidhi company registration as to why it is important to register Nidhi Company:
- No Minimum Share Capital Requirement
- Easy Transfer of Ownership
- Tax Benefits
- No need to use ‘Nidhi Limited Title
- No Stamp Duty
- Clear Objectives for easy donations and loans
- Easy to Manage
- Exemptions and Privileges under Companies Act, 2013
- Relaxation in Compliances
Factors to Consider Naming a Nidhi Company
Mentioned below are the factors that are to be considered in the Procedure of Nidhi Company Registration:
The name of your Nidhi Company is very important. Your Nidhi Company’s name is the first impression to your buyers, suppliers, and stakeholders. It should, therefore, be attractive, relevant, and suggestive. However, there are several factors that you should keep in mind while choosing a name for your company.
Short & Simple
The name should be concise and not be too long. People should be able to recall and pronounce your company’s name easily the first time they hear or read it.
The name of your Nidhi Company should be relevant to your business. Therefore, It should fit the company’s branding strategy. For example, Infosys refers to information systems or IT technologies.
The name of your Nidhi Company should not be the same or identical to an existing company or trademark or for which a trademark has been applied for. However, you should avoid plural version e.g, “Snapdeals” or merely changing the letter Case or punctuation marks or spacing in a Company and Trademark name.
Nidhi companies are not required to end their name with “Nidhi Limited”.
Should not be illegal/offensive
The name of your Nidhi company should not be against law. As well as it should not be abusive or against the customs and beliefs of any religion and should not use words or phrases which are used as a slur and are offensive to a particular group of people. Further, names cannot include foul words or phrases.
Should not violate any laws
Your Nidhi Company’s name should not be given under and violate the Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper use) Act, 1950.
Should not use the words “British India”
The procedure of Nidhi company registration is user-friendly and economical. Just follow the given steps and get you Nidhi company incorporated.