Before discussing the DIR-6, let’s see why we have to apply for this form. According to Section 153 of the Companies Act 2013, a person who wants to become the Director of a Company or Partner of an LLP Registration has to file a DIR-3 Form. This is the prescribed Form for applying for allotment of DIN (Director Identification Number) and DPIN (Designated Partner Identification Number). It is applied to the Central Government along with fees as applicable.
In the DIR-3 Form, the person is required to give information such as Name, Date of Birth, PAN No, Permanent and Correspondence Address, mobile no., e-mail id, residential status, the area of occupation, gender, etc.
Generally speaking, this information is bound to change over time. And, the Government must be informed about any changes in the information. To apply for changes in any of the particulars of DIN/DPIN, the stipulated eForm to be downloaded and filed is DIR-6.
Purpose of the eForm DIR-6
As per ROC (Registrar of Companies) compliances, a Director with an approved DIN or DPIN is required to intimate the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) in case of any changes in his details as stated in eForm DIR-3/Old form DIN1 within 30 days of any such change.
Laws Governing The E-from
As per Rule 12(1) of the Companies Appointment and Qualifications Rules, 2014, the person who has been allotted a DIN under these rules, must update the Central Government for any changes in his/her particulars that were filed earlier in Form DIR-3.
The changes may be in the:
- Address (Permanent/ Correspondence address)
- Date of Birth
- E-Mail ID or phone number
- Father’s Name
- Occupation Type
- Educational Qualification
- Changes in PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card, or other proof
- Residential Status
- Updation of Photograph of Director
This Form has to be filed with the Central Government within 30 days of such change.
Procedure for filing the Form DIR-6 and updating the Government of change in the particulars of the Directors is:
- Download the Form Here. Or you can search for this on the Government Portal.
- Fill in the required changes to be made.
- Attach a copy of the proof of the changed particulars. For example, married women, whose maiden names have been changes, can submit a Marriage Certificate.
- The eForm shall be digitally signed by a CA/CS/CWA.
- The documents are to be scanned and uploaded on the portal.
Documents for DIR-6
There are some mandatory supporting documents required while applying for changes. The documents are:
- Proof of change in particulars
> For Indian Nationals, Income-tax PAN and Aadhaar card are necessary as ID Proof.
> For Foreign Nationals, the passport is compulsory for ID Proof.
- Proof of residence of the Director/Designated Partner
For Address proof, you can attach Bank Statements, Electricity bills, Mobile bills or other utility bills, etc.
> For Indian Resident, address proof should not be older than 2 months from the date of filing of the form.
> For a Foreign Director, address proof should not be older than 1 year from the date of filing of the form.
- Proofs for languages other than Hindi/English,
If the proof is in other languages than Hindi and English, then it should be translated in Hindi/English from a professional translator. And his/her details with seal must be there.
- Any other information can be provided as an optional attachment.
Approval of DIN Changes
On the filing of DIR-6, an SRN gets generated. With this, the user can track the progress of the request.
If no duplicate is identified and the details match the database, an approval mail is sent to the registered email of the applicant and the user who has uploaded the eForm.
In case any discrepancies are found in the supporting documents, etc., a verification is done by the MCA. And, with its results, the application may get approved or rejected. The applicant and the user are updated on the status by email.
- The professional attesting the eForm, CA/CS/CWA must be practicing full-time. Also his/her membership number, as well as certificate number is to be given to attest to the form.
- The Supporting documents are to be self-attested by the applicant.
- The latest passport sized photograph in JPEG format is required if there is a change in the photograph of Director/Designated Partner.
- Pre-Fill Button: The Pre-fill button can appear more than once on the form. The button appears next to a field that can be automatically filled using the MCA database.
- Attach Button: Click this to browse and select the documents that need to be attached to the eForm. All the attachments must be in PDF format.
- Check Form: Make sure to click on this button. This will enable the System to perform a basic check that all mandatory fields are filled. It would display the errors, if any, and provide you an opportunity to correct them.
- Pre-Scrutiny Button: After you have checked the form, click the Prescrutiny button. The System performs some checks and displays errors if any. Correct those and check again. Then submit.
We, at CompanyRegistrationOnline, understand that complying with so many provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 and 2013 is quite challenging. So we aim to simplify them for you. We provide a wide range of CA/CS services for corporates like private company registration, OPC registration, and various compliances.
Call us for your queries and requirements at +91-8750008585 or drop an e-mail at [email protected]