NGOs or the Non-governmental organization’s are usually non-profit. Sometimes these are often funded by the government. Some international organizations are independent upon the government and international governmental organizations (as funded by them). However, these are active in humanitarian, human rights, educational, health care, public policy, social, environmental, and other areas to effect changes according to their objectives. There are Documents required for section 8 which is also called a Non-Governmental Organisation without them the respective government will not be able to give commencement for the registration any company.
NGO can be registered as a legal entity in various ways:
- Non-Profit Companies/Section 8 Company
These type of Non-Governmental Organisations under section 8 company mainly focus on the development of the poor needy people in the economy. They provide a scope of growth through which these people can grow. There are many Documents required for section 8 company registration or NGO.
Section 8 Company is an organization which is registered as a Non-Profit Organization (NPO). Such NPO has an objective of promotion of arts, commerce, charity, social welfare, sports etc. However, It is intended to apply its profits, if any, or other income in promoting its objects. It functions exactly like a Private limited company including all the rights and obligations that come with such a company. However, it differs from a company in one very crucial aspect.
Documents required for NGO
Given below are the documents required for the registration of the Non-Governmental Organisation are:
- Identity Proof (Voter ID/ Aadhar Card, etc)
- Passport (mandatory)
- Proof of residence ( Electricity/ Telephone/ Mobile Bill or Bank Statement).
- Registered Office Address Proof (Rent agreement if the premises is not owned by the company).
- Documents claiming the ownership such as Sale Deed or House Tax receipt along with a NOC.
- At least two shareholders
- Minimum two directors
- Shareholders and Directors could be the same.
- At least one Director should be an Indian resident
- There is no minimum capital required.
- Income tax PAN (mandatory)
Documents required for Section 8 Incorporation
The following are the documents required for section 8 company registration are :
- Director Identification Number (DIN) :
- Digital Signature Certificate of Director (DSC)
- Approved Name
- Memorandum of Association & Article of Association
- Proof of ownership (rent agreement/ lease deed)
- Electricity bill which should not be older than 2 months
- NOC from the landlord or the owner
- DIR-12 (appointment of Directors)
- Consent to be directors i.e., DIR-2
- An affidavit from the Directors for not accepting deposits
- INC-9 which is the declaration of each subscriber to MOA